jueves, 19 de noviembre de 2009

¿Academic year?

What’s involved in an academic year? Is it even possible to define where college ends and when extra-academic life begins? In the following lines I’ll try to answer these questions because in the present year college issues has been secondary in my life; so it would be very difficult to refer about something that has really been less important than other subjects such as future thoughts and life expectations. Of course, this hasn’t always been like this. I think most of freshmen and sophomore are really interested in their careers and eager to learn nuw stuff. I was one of them.
When you’re through that phase, your mind starts worrying about other things. Right now, and since the beginning of this year, I couldn’t care less about grades and subjects. I mean, I’m studying to approve my classes and so far I haven’t failed anyone…but maybe because I’m tired or maybe because my career doesn’t seem so interesting to me now, I just want this year to end, so I won’t have to answer any other exam for a long time.
But this “syndrome” it appears to be characteristic of this stage. Other classmates and friends are going through the same thing. Most of them are really tired, just thinking on to finish 4th year and start looking for a job or develop their thesis. Maybe when you’re about to end such an important stage of your life, anxiety starts to grow and consequently you just want it to end. We are so close of ending college that apparently we don’t wanna wait any longer.
Anyway, it’s not like I have had a bad year or something like that. I’ve done great in most of my classes, I’ve recently found a great job that allows me to study and win some money at the same time so I couldn’t say it’s been a bad year at all. There are interesting things going on right now; I’m returning to play music after a long recess and I’m starting to care about things that I had left behind because college.
After college, a new stage of life opens and…who knows…maybe it will be a better one.

No hay comentarios: